logue of etion wanderments
July 2, 2011Posted by on
Sometimes it takes more mental fortitude to just take a look into the obvious than riddle the brain with genuine mysteries. The reason, I suspect, lies in mental blocks. One such case where many people find blocks is when they are defending evolution. Wanting to be open-minded, they try to look from the creationists’ viewpoint and defend from there. They forget that the alternative theories (creationism or ID) must be questioned as well.
Here I have complied a list of questions for creationists. The purpose is to have them do some soul-searching on their own beliefs and hopefully, see the insufficiency of creationism first hand. I’ll be updating the list from time to time.
Q 1 What is God? How have you reconciled:
- God’s omniscience and free will?
- God’s omnipotence and limits from paradoxical language? e.g. Can God make a square circle or make a stone so heavy that even he can not lift?
- God’s omnipresence and undetectablility? In other words: What is the evidence for existence of God?
- God’s benevolence and tragedies of life? Death, crime against the innocent, natural disaster?
- God being just and loving at the same time?
Q 2 What is the beginning of God? Especially since you need a beginning of everything in the theory of evolution and Big Bang and what not.
Q 3 How did God create something from nothing? Theists often claim (incorrectly) that Big Bang theory propounds that something was created from nothing. Actually this is a feature in creationist hypothesis, not in Big Bang.
Q 4 Why do creationists use one set of standards for theory of God and another for evolution? Evidence for one and faith for another. Why this leniency for the almighty?
Q 5 How do you explain:
- Fossils especially of extinct species like dinosaurs. Was allah experimenting with how to make life?
- Breeding of different breeds of horses and dogs. Explain that happening while you deny evolution.
- Genetically modified crops. You are probably eating them on daily basis knowingly or unknowingly.
- Genetic disorders. How come many diseases run through the families?
- Why did god create so many sea animals that reside in deep seas?
- Why did god create animals like duck-billed platypus?
- Why did God create appendix and other vestigial organs in man?
Q 6 How do you explain:
- The scale of the universe? Why did god make billions of galaxies each with billions of stars and just to send prophets / have avatArs / sons for just one species of one tiny planet of an otherwise ordinary star?
- Special place given to man in all theories of creation. Do you don’t see any narcissism in that?
Q 7 Being omniscient Does God know who created him?